Welcome to the Middle-earth: Shadow of War Support forums! Please feel free to use this section to help other players with general gameplay and technical questions. Please note this forum is not actively monitored by Customer Service. If you need assistance that requires a WB Games Support agent, it is best to contact us via a ticket or Twitter using the instructions below.
How do I contact support?
You can visit https://go.wbgames.com/MEhelp to submit a help request.
To contact us on Twitter, please follow us @WBGamesSupport.
Which question type should I select when contacting support?
- Account or Login
- For issues pertaining to lost saves or suspensions
- Purchase or Currency
- For issues pertaining to missing purchases, currency disputes, or purchasing difficulty
- Gameplay Help Request
- For issues pertaining to gameplay mechanics, content progression, or missing characters and items
- For issues pertaining to crashing, internet connection, lag, or downloading
- Bug Report
- To report a gameplay bug
- Report Abuse, Cheating, or Content
- To report a suspected player of cheating. Please keep in mind that while we are unable to discuss or disclose corrective actions taken against reported players, all reports will be reviewed thoroughly.
- To pass along feedback and suggestions to the game developers
NOTE: Bug Reports, Feedback, and Cheating/Harassment Reports are reviewed by the developers and moderation team and will not be addressed by a Customer Service Agent. If you need direct assistance, please be sure to reply to the auto-response you receive to let the Customer Service team know.
How do I report a purchase issue?
You can report a purchase issue by visiting https://go.wbgames.com/MEhelp and selecting “Purchase or Currency” as your question type. Be sure to include your PSN/Xbox Live/Steam display name and receipts that you have received from Sony/Microsoft/Steam.
My PS4 / Xbox One game is crashing.
If your PS4 or Xbox One game is crashing, this is most often due to a problem with your game install. To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the game on your dashboard or games library
- Press the Options button on your PS4 controller after highlighting the game
- Select Delete
- After confirming the deletion and allowing the process to complete reinsert the game disc to reinstall the game (if a physical copy of the game) or visit your game library and select the game to download the game again (if a digital copy of the game)
- From the Home menu select "My Games and Apps"
- Select the Games tab
- Highlight the game you are experiencing issues with and press the Menu button on your controller (the button with 3 lines on it)
- Select "Manage Game"
- Your game install and save data will be shown here. From the left side of the screen, highlight your game install and press the Menu button again then select "Uninstall"
- After confirming the uninstall and allowing the process to complete reinsert the game disc to reinstall the game (if a physical copy of the game) or visit "My Games and Apps" from the home menu and select the game from the "Ready to install" section on the right to download the game again (if a digital copy of the game)
I am playing on PC and my game is crashing.
For steps on how to troubleshoot crashing on your PC, please visit https://middle-earthgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001995868-I-am-playing-on-PC-and-my-game-is-crashing-
Gear is primarily obtained by defeating Orc Captains and completing missions in Shadow of War. More difficult Orcs with higher rarities will drop gear that matches their rarity.
Gear can also be obtained via Loot Chests in the Market section of the Menu in-game. Here, you can purchase Loot Chests for Mirian or Gold with various items.
Legendary gear will provide you with unique bonuses when you collect and equip multiple pieces of a Legendary set.
You can view the Guide section of the Menu in-game and visit the Legendary Items section to see where and how to obtain each piece of Legendary gear in a set.
You can also view the Legendary Sets section of your Inventory to see your collection status for each Legendary Set in the game, and what bonuses the set provides.
High-quality gear includes challenges which, when completed, allow you to upgrade an item. You can view challenges for Rare, Epic, and Legendary gear by visiting the Inventory section of the Menu in-game, and you can also set challenges to be tracked actively.
Rare and Epic gear can be upgraded once by completing the listed challenge on the item. Legendary gear can be upgraded multiple times, but may have challenges requiring higher level Orcs to complete.