Avalanche and WB Games welcome you to the official WBPlay Mt forums! As Mad Max is days away, we know there are going to be more visitors and new members coming every day and we would like to make sure you are as comfortable as can be.
Think of this post as a New Member Guide (but you’ll be able to get tons of knowledge for this as you spend more time here, so check back every once in while).
As a member of these forums, you’ll be joining the best place to find official community events and giveaways, opportunities to talk with members of the development studio team, exclusive content, the latest news on Mad Max, Mortal Kombat, Batman: Arkham Knight, and all WB titles.
To help you get started in the forums and understand how our forum works, we’ve created some steps below as a quick start guide to posting in the game communities.
Before creating a thread, use the search box under the right of the forum header to search for the topic you wished to cover. There might already be an active conversation you can join!
If you have a question for a specific user outside the subject of a topic, please send them a private message.
If you want a user involved in a topic, you can use a mention by putting their user name after an @ symbol. For example, @Aarone88 (A moderator on the Batman Arkham Board)
Please keep all discussions on topic for the board. All basic topics live in “General Discussion”. You can find a list of our full forums available hereif you wish to discuss other titles.
If a post appears to be offensive, trolling or spam, please report it using the Warning Symbol on the post in question.
Please ensure you place all spoilers within spoiler tags – even the smallest piece of story could be considered a spoiler by a member, so be considerate!
Members of our forum are also rewarded with additional features and ranks the more they positively contribute our community! You can learn about those features HERE.
If you have suggestions on how the Community could be better, or if you are having trouble with your account, visit our Community Feedback section of the board.
If you haven’t already created a WBPLAY Account, you’ll need one to get posting. You can learn more about the in-game rewards received for owning a WBPLAY Account here, or get started creating your account by clicking HERE.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
In order to ensure our community is an enjoyable and welcoming place as possible to discuss all things about your titles, we also have our Community Guidelines for behavior on our forums. A quick summary of each rule can be found here to refer back to, but we highly recommend reading the full rules list HERE.
- Respect other members of our forum, and do not post any derogatory content
- Keep all discussions on topic for the forum you are posting in
- Offensive content of any nature is not permitted on our forums. If in doubt about the content of your message, message a moderator privately to check first.
- Profanity and slurs are prohibited in any format.
- "Bashing" or repeatedly posting a negative opinion on the same subject is not permitted. We welcome all opinions in the WB Play community forums, but they must be presented in a respectful manner without insult or impacting discussions.
- Do not respond in kind to posts that breach the Community Guidelines, including reposting or quoting said posts. Please report them using the Warning Icon at the bottom of the post in question.
- No spamming or advertising is allowed. If you want to share your fansite, please contact a moderator privately with your request. Empty posts, repeated posting of the same material, posting the same thread in multiple forums and “bumping” threads also falls under this category.
- You shall not impersonate any Game Studio (NetherRealm, Rocksteady, Avalanche, etc) or Warner Bros employees, including by using a company logo in your avatar. You shall not impersonate another player or member.
- You cannot sell, market or promote on these forums.
- You may not form or participate in groups whose ideology is based on or resembles anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-sexual orientation, racist, or sexist philosophies.
- Abusing the Forum Reputation (Kudos) system in any way is not permitted
- You may not post or share personal information of any user of the forum of any kind, including sharing private messages, without express consent of that user.
- Only one account is permitted per user for posting to our forums.
- Moderation decisions are final, and public discussion of moderation decisions is prohibited.
- Do not violate any laws posting on this forum, including discussion of illegal activities. You must not violate or promote the violation of WB Games’ terms of service, code of conducts or license agreements.
ADVANCED POSTING TIPS:
Once you’ve reached a certain rank on the forums, you’ll have access to HTML editing for the first time when creating a thread or post. While many of the standard post features available will be quicker and easier to use, HTML access unlocks a few new tricks to make your posts even better. Here’s a couple of our favorite things to do with HTML below:
Finding HTML Editing
When creating a post or topic, you can find HTML editing on the tabs above the text entry box for the post. It’ll look a little something like this:
Embed YouTube Videos
Rather than having to upload or link out to a video elsewhere, you can now embed videos from YouTube straight into your posts! Here’s an example below.
To embed a video, find the YouTube video you want to use, click “Share” below the video, and select Embed. You should see some code in a text box – copy it. Here’s a code as an example of how it will look: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wsf78BS9VE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Paste the code in the HTML tab of your post and your video is embedded. You can return to editing your post in Rich Text mode and the video box will remain.
Quote Multiple Users
If you want to respond to multiple users in one post, copy and paste their text into Rich Text format manually. Switch to HTML, find their post in the text box and add the following code:
<blockquote> at the beginning of their post text
</blockquote> at the end of their post text
This will help you reply to multiple people in an easy to read way. Added tip - Don’t forget to tag them in your post so they are notified you responded!
Welcome and Have Fun!
Please sign in to leave a comment.