If you are experiencing problems with a mobile game it can often help to see whether an update is available for either your Operating System (OS) or the game you are trying to play.
Note that this article is for iOS devices. For assistance with these processes on an Android device please check the article here.
To check for an Operating System update on iOS follow the steps below. Note that these steps may be slightly different if you are using an older version of iOS:
1. From your Home page/App list select Settings
2. Select General from the list of Settings
3. Select Software Update to check for Operating System updates
After checking to make sure your OS is up to date, you should also make sure the game you are playing is up to date. To do this:
1. Select the App Store from your App list
2. Select "Updates" from the bottom right of the App Store
3. Any apps that have updates available will show here. If the game you are playing is in this list, select the "Update" button next to it.
4. You can drag down on your list of available updates to refresh this list. This may be required if the iOS app store is not showing you an update that you know should be available.
If you expected a game update to show here and it does not, the update may not be available for your device or region. Please check the game's website or social pages (Facebook and forums) for announcements regarding game updates.